Colombian Singles Tours offers Private Tours to the warm and welcoming city of Cali!
Cali is most similar to Bucaramanga, but with an Afro Caribbean flair!
Cali is a World renowned center for Salsa!
One of our Private Tour Guides can either make arrangements for you for a Cali vacation, or she can accompany you to Cali
Your Private Tour can also include Barranquilla, Bogota, Bucaramanga, Cartagena, Manizales, Medellin and Santa Marta.
If you are looking for a vacation with less outdoor activities and is more focused on meeting local women you may want to consider our Singles Vacations in Barranquilla and Cartagena Colombia and Costa Rica and Peru.
Cali is Colombia’s third largest city, after Bogota and Medellin. Cali was founded in 1536 by Sebastian de Belalcazar and was a sleepy little mountain town until the sugar and coffee industries brought prosperity to the region. Located in Colombia’s southwestern region, Cali is about 3,264 feet above sea level.
Cali is located in the Andean highlands and has two dry seasons, from December to March and again in July and August. Cali's average temperature ia 23° C (73.4°F)
Attractions in Cali
- Iglesia de la Merced is a beautiful colonial cathedral on the Plaza Caycedo in the historic district. It is Cali’s oldest church
- Museo de Arte Colonial, in the monastery adjoining the cathedral, displays mainly colonial religious art
- Museo Arqueológico displays pre-Colombian pottery and artifacts from the various indigenous groups of the area
- Museo de Oro exhibits gold items from the Calima culture
- Museo de Arte Moderno La Tertullia displays modern art, sculpture and photography
- Iglesia de San Antonio, located atop a hill near the city center, offers a fine view of Cali.
- Teatro Experimental de Cali (TEC) began Colombia’s national theater
- Sugar Cane Museum
- Plaza de Toros de Cañaveralejo bullfighting ring
- Zoológico de Cali
- Federico Carlos Lehmann Valencia Natural Science Museum with exhibits of fauna, ethnological samples and insects of the region
- Salsotecas abound on the northern side of the river, particularly in the Juanchito suburb. Night tours in chivas last about five hours and will get you into a number of hot salsa spots
- Feria de Cali from December 25 through New Years with parades, bullfights, salsa events, and a beauty contest.
Outside the city:
- Monumento de las Tres Cruces are the three crosses on the mountain top, a pilgrimage during Semana Santa.
- Parque Nacional Farallones de Cali is a mountain park with diverse vegetation and wildlife offers day excursions or hiking to Reserva Natural Hato Viejo where you will find lodging, food and guides to the park
- Haciendas, belonging to the sugar barons, and now open as museums to see sugar cultivation and process. Hacienda Cañas Gordas is on the southern border of the city. It is considered the most beautiful of colonial homes and here you'll see period furnishings and objects. Two are about 40 km northeast of Cali:
- Hacienda El Paraiso
- Hacienda Piedechinche
- Two don't miss sights are the archaeological sites of pre-Columbian civilizations at Parque Arqueológico De Tierradentro and Parque Arqueológico De San Augustín. Both are considered sacred sites and contain with ancient monuments, statuary, tombs and burial mounds. Check into the state of the roads from Cali; they can be in poor shape. Scroll to the middle of 1998 Latin American Pilgrimage for photos and descriptions of some of the stone statues at San Augustín. More Photos of San Augustín
Women of Cali (CALEÑA)
Do the Women of Cali speak English
About 10% of all the women you will be meeting speak English. Translators will be available to make sure you can communicate with any of the women.
Are they sincere about meeting American Men?
All women who join the Singles Tours have been interviewed and are sincere about meeting a foreign man.
Why are they interested in a Foreign Man?
Once again, thanks to the Macho mentality of the Colombian men, the women of Cali are looking for a man they can TRUST in a loving relationship.
Click here for Wikipedia information on this city
Click here for the latest Weather information
INTRODUCTION │CITIES│ SINGLES TOURS│ PRIVATE TOURS